Devin grissom and adam moyer dating
He leaves for an appointment in the Danville Methodist Churches and Reverend Roger Kilzer will serve as interim pastor until July 1992.
GREENUP FIRST SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH This church was founded in the year 1943. The church joined the Palestine Association and two years later moved to the Westfield Associa- tion where we still belong. Fuson, Virgil De Vore, Harold Pyles, Eddie Lomeline, Clarence Patterson, Rick Emerick, John Alumbaugh, Evan Beasley, Jack Barton, and the present minister, Harold Byers.
Reverend Gaylord Green was the church clerk at this time. Newsome led the revival which resulted in 25 new people being added to the church rolls. Ministers ordained through the church are Harry Raines in 1962, John Alumbaugh in 1978, Evan Beasley in 1983, and Jack Barton in 1984.
The church did not have a regular meeting place until 1949 when Arthur Heddins offered the use of an annex to his blacksmith shop to use for a revival. By 1952, we were able to purchase the building which we now occupy. The debt for bonds sold for remodeling was paid off in full on April 1, 1991, leaving the church debt-free.
An ice cream social and soup supper are annual events at Cotton- wood. In 1931, the building was moved from this location to one mile south of Union Center where the Church of Christ used it for service.
The land was donated by Joseph and Harriet Strockbine.
In 1890, a group left the Church of Christ and built another church building on the opposite (south) side of the road. The Church of Christ grew and after World War II, it seemed the time had come to have a new building. Numerous others from the community along with the church members donated help and by August 1949, the first services were held in the new building. The origin of the Hazel Dell Church of God dates back to when a religious service was held in an Army camp during the Civil War.(History of Church of Christ in 1968 History Book, pages 95 and 96.) After several years of Church of Christ members holding ser- vices south of Union Center in this building, the number became too few to continue and the building was removed. FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GREENUP (To update history in 1968 History Book, pages 119 and 120.) A centennial celebration was held in 1971 with Estaline Miller, Carrie Carson, Mary Holt, Mildred Brooks, Alberta Ewart, and Ina Dillier serving on the planning committee.Reverend John Johnson, the present minister, has served the church since September 1979.A few years later, the two congregations together built the Asbury Church. The Harmony Friend Church was part of the Pleasant Grove Quarterly Meeting and the Plainsfield, Indiana, Western Yearly Meeting.The first sermon preached was the funeral of Joel Williams who died November 29, 1876.